Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hidden Doors, Mysterious Things, Magic in our House

One thing that Mike and I can agree on is that we both love the idea of a few secret, curious, mysterious features in the house. Things like hidden doors, secret staircases, special hiding places, a dumbwaiter, that kind of thing. Clever, fun features that aren't found in more standard homes. I was searching on the internet today to find a photo for this post, and found a company that actually manufactures all kinds of hidden doors! http://www.hiddendoorsdirect.com/hidden-door-photos.html
Isn't that cool?? Mostly, when I imagine these features, I envision creating a sense of magic in the house for our kids. I want them to remember the home they were raised in as being a special place.

1 comment:

  1. In our house growing up there was a door that opened into storage/closet. My parents used to stand us kids up against the door jamb and mark with a pencil our heights on our birthdays. It was exciting to go back through out the year and peek in to see how much we grew. Once the door was closed, no one was the wiser.

    ReplyDelete