Saturday, June 25, 2011

Colors

Just a few notes on colors.  In general, I'm in favor of them.  That is, I prefer colors rather than neutrals, especially when the neutrals are beige/tan.  My favorite colors are gray-blues to grassy greens.   I particularly like blue/greens, such as robin's egg blue and tourqouise.  I could easily decorate an entire house in blues and greens.  I've learned, over the years, to select much more gray versions (less saturated) versions of my favorite colors, as colors seem much more intense when up on the wall.  I'm also a big fan of crisp white and black/charcoal.  I will always have a soft spot for black and white checkerboard floors (as well as kitchen cabinetry that goes up to the ceiling) because my grandmother's kitchen was like that.  I also love white cabinetry with black countertop, small black/white tile mosaics, and crisp white trim that makes colors pop. 

I've always been drawn to homes that are white.  I love old farmhouses that are white with green roofs/shutters.  I also like the look of a white house with a charcoal gray roof.  I'm very open to considering color on the outside of our new house.  In particular, I'm thinking a gray/green might be nice, with white trim (of course!)  Despite having strong opinions, I am open to considering lots of options. 

Robin's egg blue--my favorite color!

No comments:

Post a Comment