Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Modification to Plan B

Yesterday, in our meeting with the architect, we decided on a "Plan A" (Super Nice) and "Plan B" (Budget Friendlier.) As I went to sleep last night, I decided there was a modification to make to Plan B.  Rather than a separate half bath and 3/4 bath, I'd rather have a single bathroom with a tub.  The sketch below shows a possible layout for that bathroom.  You enter and see the vanity in front of you (I'm now on the lookout for an vintage dresser that might serve as the vanity for this room.)  To your right is a shallow, built-in bookcase (the wall of the tub enclosure would just have to be wider to accomodate that.)  Giving just a little bit of privacy to the toilet is a half wall, which is also a bookcase (with the shelves on the side away from the toilet.)  The space in front of the window is empty.  I thought I could get a pretty little vintage chair, as a place to sit and get dressed, and put it there.  Toiletries could be on the shelves on the half-wall.  Does that make sense?  In any case, I wanted to update the plans so that we could get a more accurate price.  As always, you can click on the photo to enlarge the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment