Monday, May 30, 2011

Bathroom Design Elements

I have a pretty good idea of what I want the bathrooms in the house to look like.  I like a small patterned black and white flooring, such as this one:
I like these train/hotel type racks for towels.  In all of the metal hardware, I like polished nickel.
I LOVE this textured, pressed glass as a way to bring in light in areas where you want privacy.  I hope we can use some in the house.  This particular pattern is a favorite of mine:
This is a gorgeous bathroom. Though, I'd change the ceiling light fixture to something that better matches the scones (something white/clear with polished nickel accent.)  I'd also make the vanities have storage.  They could be white or dark/antique cherry.  Mostly, I love the feel of this bathroom--so light and bright!
I'd like a deep tub that is long enough to stretch out your legs in, like this one:
I'd like the sinks to have higher, arched faucets.  Just in case you wanted to fill something tall or water a plant.  Something like this, but with less modern handles.
Handles like the one below, faucet like the one above.
Cabinetry would be pretty in a dark/antique cherry or in white.  Countertops/sinks white.  Wall color would be a nice pale blue green.

No comments:

Post a Comment